Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Slew of Great NBA Playoff Commercials

I know I'm not alone when I say I love these new commercials the NBA is airing during the playoffs. Here are all four of them, embedded below:

Kobe Bryant throws the Alley Oop to Shaquille O'Neal in Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Championship. Portland was leading by 17, and then the Lakers went crazy and I believe this Alley Oop tied the game with three minutes to so left to play.



Julius Erving shocks the world with his famous reverse layup under the backboard against the Lakers. Dr. J was one of the all-time greats (I have him in the top 15), and to this day, he remains the ONLY superstar athlete in the history of Philadelphia that the fans have never, ever booed. That may be his most amazing achievement.



Larry Bird steals the ball and the game away from the Detroit Pistons in Game 5 of the 1987 Eastern Conference Finals. Bird was unreal and definitely worthy of a future post.



Earvin "Magic" Johnson's famous baby Skyhook against the Celtics in the NBA Finals.

No comments: